It's the 16th and so far this month I've written nine short stories (mostly flash) and have notes to turn one into something longer. After having a bad reaction to antibiotics last week (caused panic attacks), I took the weekend off to recouperate and watched movies for the first time in forever (Skyline - okayish if you're really bored but turn it off before you get to the last five minutes because then it just descends into farce; and The King's Speech which was actually rather good; and an old Columbo because he cheers everyone up). And now it's Monday, and I can't summon the will to write any more short stories this month.
I'm itching to edit the below and get to work on something longer. And as I'm my own boss (here at least), I'm going to do just that. *Although I so want to use this post's title for a story.
As the title of my first story says, 'Blow a Whistle, I'm done'.
Short Story Month Tally:
1. Blow a Whistle, I'm done (1876 words)
2. The Lies Moths Tell (1199 words)
3. The Handiwork of Commerce (1303 words)
4. Dreams of a Ragged Doll (929 words)
5. Tethered Rain Clouds (636 words)
6. Beneath Ceiling Dust and Skin (742 words)
7. 1986 (794 words)
8. The Spaceman's Halo (more a collection of ideas - 366 words)
9. In a Confined Space (1136 words)
10. The Girl with the Glass Heart (448 words)