It's the eleventh day of the month and I'm kind of 8 short stories in so I'm almost on track for Short Story Month, considering I said I'd write about 26 stories* (double ha!). Although most of the stories have flash length word counts, they are also full of notes in the margins about what needs or doesn't need to happen so they should be actual short story length after they've been rewritten and edited (that should be fun) and one story actually ends with This Happens/That Happens/Then they do this/Then some of that/And They Live Happily Ever After (which they don't) because writing it had dragged on for two days and I didn't have time to mollycoddle the idea.
I don't think I like Short Story Month.
I don't think Short Story Month likes me.
I like mollycoddling ideas.
Things found in the below: Spacewomen, Laundry, Orange Lollipops, Spaceship Skies, Mother Nature, Squally Clouds, Loneliness, Hope, Bangles, Teased Hair, Record Player, Drip, Synthetic Hearts (enough with the hearts already), White Vans and Madonna.
Short Story Month tally: (Titles subject to change)
1. Blow a Whistle, I'm done (1876 words)
2. The Lies Moths Tell (1199 words)
3. The Handiwork of Commerce (1303 words)
4. Dreams of a Ragged Doll (929 words)
5. Tethered Rain Clouds (636 words)
6. Beneath Ceiling Dust and Skin (742 words)
7. 1986 (794 words)
8. The Spaceman's Halo (12 words - ha! - just started)
*we're reviewing the situation.