The Wolf Dude's band, The Howlers, split up a week ago when the drummer, Shedding Hairs, ran off with the Wolf Dude's girlfriend, Luna. Now he's threatening to run off and join the circus and it's all my fault. You see, I told him about my circus, The Chalkstripe. I told him it was a weird and wonderful place where good things happen, only I lied. It isn't a good place at all, as you will find out when my story 'Parasol Dance with the Chalkstripe Man' appears in Sideshow Fables later this year.
Anyway, so now I need your help. I want to convince the Wolf Dude that circus folk should not be trusted. That they are places full of Shedding Hairs and two-timing Luna's. And of course, I wouldn't ask you to help without giving you a chance to win a reward.
Now you're wondering what kind of reward and what you have to do to deserve it. First off let me tempt you with the prize.
First prize: A copy of the Malpractice anthology, (which includes stories by Me, Jeremy Kelly, Joel A Sutherland, Felicity Dowker, Brendan P. Myers, Kevin Lucia, Horace James, plus others.)
Plus a signed novella from PS Publishing (I'm not telling you which one because it's nice to receive surprises).
Second prize: A copy of the Malpractice anthology.
Booby Prize: A used copy of Neal Shusterman's 'Unwind', which I have read and loved and need to pass onto someone, plus a signed novella from PS Publishing.
Here are the rules and other bits and bobs:
1. Leave a comment on this post giving the name of a ScaryCircusAct (TM) that you think will disuade the Wolf Dude from joining the circus to win the first or second prize.
2. To win the BoobyPrize, link to this competition in your blog (and leave a note in the comments section of this post to say you have done so).
3. You may enter to win both the First, Second and Booby prizes.
4. Competition is open from now until Midnight Friday 20th March 2009 GMT.
5. You can enter as many times as you like.
6. Check back on Saturday 21st/Sunday 22nd when I will be posting the names of the winners along with my email address so that you can contact me re receiving your prizes.
Here is a picture of the Wolf Dude in happier times: